Stewart Family Orthodontics | Dr. Charles Stewart, DDS | Serving the Fort Worth and Weatherford, TX areas
COVID 19 – Coronavirus Update
We are open and seeing patients. We wanted to share some important directions that will help us continue to provide you with exceptional care and help limit potential exposure to COVID-19 in our practice.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your vehicle and call the office 817-341-2777 to check in. If you get the voicemail, please don’t leave a message, continue to call until you are checked in.
- Wearing a mask is one of the best ways to limit transmission of the virus. With that in mind, EVERYONE is required to wear a mask when they come to the office. Should you arrive to the office without a mask, we will ask you to reschedule your appointment.
- You will be screened at check-in. Screening involves having your temperature taken and answering a few questions. Anyone, including staff, who has a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- We request that ONLY the patient enter the office unless bringing a minor child, or an adult who may be filling out new patient paperwork or contract. Please do not bring any other children with you who do not have an appointment. We must minimize the number of people in office. If someone is driving you to your appointment, they will need to wait outside.
- Please notify our office before your appointment if:
- You have been exposed to someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You are experiencing any of the following symptoms: Cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or pink eye.
- For our future patients, we would like to highlight that our office is uniquely built with eight separated operatory rooms to ensure safety, privacy and proper distancing recommended during this time.
We are extremely grateful for our patients. We do ask for your continued patience as we navigate this unique situation. The opening of our office will be implemented in phases so that we can carefully abide by all government and health directives. Our primary focus will continue to be the safety and well-being of our patients and staff.
With the new orders sent down from Governor Abbott we are now required to close down our normal operations until April 22. Therefore, we will only be able to see serious orthodontic emergencies causing severe pain until then. Call our office or emergency phone if you need to make an emergency appointment.Some good news is that your treatment will still be progressing and your teeth will be moving even without seeing us. Patients routinely miss several months at a time and there are no adverse effects to their treatment. Light titanium wires continue working for months at a time. Good elastic wear is very important during this time, so wear those rubber bands. We ask that y’all are extra careful to follow the rules of what you eat to prevent breakage, no sticky or hard stuff. Also be sure to keep good brushing habits, at least two minutes. We will not be able to come in and repair brackets or make replacement retainers due to the executive order, so please be careful to not break brackets or lose retainers.
We know this is difficult time for everyone, but we are trying to do our part to keep everyone safe and healthy. If you need us, you can call, email or send us a Facebook message to let us know how we can help you.
We can’t wait to see our Stewart Ortho family again soon and we will be having fun together before you know it. For now just enjoy the time with your family and practice that social distancing when you go out.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11